I have had some challenges with the Push function on my phone from the beginning I have owned it. As I was under the impression that jailbroken/unlocked iPhones could not have push activated I did not really look further into this problem. Recently I found out how to activate the push function on my iPhone:
I have tried different solutions and eventually I ended up with a paid fix from pushfix.info. Since many solutions give you a shared key the push might not work as should be. Pushfix creates a separate key for your phone which synchronizes with the servers of your network/apple. It costed me $5.99 but I have to admit it was the best money I have spent on any iPhone App. The creators give full online support that helped me in the beginning because I could not get it to work. Now, to activate push on your jailbroken iPhone do the following:
1. Go to www.pushfix.info and pay the $5.99
2. Go to Cydia and add the source http://cydia.pushfix.info/ in Cydia
3. Download and install pushfix
4. Test the connection with the free app Push Test that comes with the package.
5. Now your push notifications should work.
Help!! It doesn't work?!?
Check out the instructions on http://pushfix.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39 or open a support ticket: http://pushfix.info/ticket/